harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] Collections classes - code reviews and optimisations
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:32:08 GMT
  Hi all,

A little while ago Mark suggested (not sure if it was in person or on
the list) that it would be a good idea to take a look at our Collections
classes and do a kind of code review, thinking about improvements and
possible optimisations.

To that end Mark Hindess, Cath Hope and myself sat down and took a close
look at ArrayList earlier today. We got up to the growAtEnd() method,
annotating the code with questions and comments as we went.  I've opened
HARMONY-6607 [1] and attached the diff with our comments in so everyone
can see what we've come up with so far.

If you have any further comments or ideas for the code (including
patches for improvements) please add to the discussion here - it would
be great to have some extra input!

Regards,
Oliver

Oliver Deakin