harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] /harmony/enhanced/java/branches/mrh
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:34:26 GMT

In message <AANLkTi=axVPbz6s0rE7B76HG6QHECtMDd2JxXHdmFJum@mail.gmail.com>,
Catherine Hope writes:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I've noticed that the source and tests for all the tools under
> jdktools/modules/jretools is duplicated under jdktools/modules/jdktools
> since a merge from the mrh branch, e.g. there's a keytool under:
> jdktools/modules/jretools/src/main/java/org/apache/harmony/jretools/keytool
> and
> jdktools/modules/jdktools/src/main/java/org/apache/harmony/tools/keytool

"since a merge from the mrh branch"? which commit exactly? what revision
number?  Are you sure something changed as a result of a merge from my
temporary branch?

I don't recall anything significant changing in this area since:

  r702139 | hindessm | 2008-10-06 13:55:28 +0100 (Mon, 06 Oct 2008) | 3 lines

  Initial split of jdktools to jdktools and jretools.  There is still
  work to be done to fix the duplicated classes that are in both.

I don't recall why the duplication was needed to help make the split but
I imagine it is something to do with resolving the dependencies either
at build time or at runtime - the classpath setup in the samsa launcher
is pretty ugly.

Anyway, it looks like the work to fix it still needs to be completed.
There is probably an entry on my todo list for it.

> Is this part of the on-going restructuring?

Not intentionally so.

-Mark.