harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Progress Report
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:51:46 GMT

Lang Yang wrote:

> Thanks for taking time to commit my patches. I just realized that
> these changes have only got into hdk5 trunk. I forgot to provide
> another version patches for hdk6. Is there any easy way to sync my
> patches to hdk6? If not, I will get new patches for hdk6.

Thanks for the patches.  It is great to see concise patches addressing
clearly defined issues.  You have done a great job of working with the
community during your project; your work will be a good example to
future GSoC students.

I've merged the commits of your patches to the java6 branch now.

Lang Yang also wrote:

> My following plan is to take a break before school starts,

Enjoy your break and best wishes with your studies.

> and see what else contribution I could do for Harmony.

I'm sure you find plenty that needs doing but if you want some ideas
don't hesitate to ask.  I'd certainly value your continued involvement.

> What are the conditions to become a committer by the way? :-D

The PMC vote on new committers.  How people vote is down to the
individual PMC members.  However, I tend to look for:

1) contribution of good patches,

2) contributions on the mailing list - helping other contributors,
constructive input on matters raised, etc., and

3) evidence that the contributor understands the goals of the project.

You have made significant progress on all counts.  Keep up the good
work.

Regards,
 Mark.