harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Deven You <devyo...@gmail.com>
Subject A question about android regex implementation
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 03:02:46 GMT
Hi  Jesse and All,
I have written some simple benchmarks for harmony regex and find the
performance of harmony is poor compared to RI. For example, Mathcer.find()
only reach 60% of that of RI. I heard Android use icu4jni re-implement this
module. Since icu4jni use native code I think it may has higher performance
than harmony. I am trying to use icu4jni as the back-end of harmony regex
but find icu4jni has no functions related to regex operations.
I know there are some android guys in our community. So can anyone tell me
some detail info for android's regex, like if it re-implement the regex
logic using native code by android itself rather than icu4jni and really get
higher performance compared to harmony regex? Thanks a lot!