harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Miguel <aemig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Windows 7 support
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:42:00 GMT
Any idea where or when I can get a snapshot build of this updated code
(either a stable build or just a head build)?  I don't have the
capacity to build Harmony at the moment...

Also just to check - have you added 6.1 as a supported platform or
changed to code to run with anything of Windows version 6.1 or above?
I ask simply because if anyone builds a product which distributes a
Harmony JVM they will find that they have to again notify
dev@harmony.apache.org of this, then rebuild and re-release their
product just to support new windows platforms which they might
otherwise work fine with...?

On 28 June 2010 21:34, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> In message <AANLkTimRQnFTVsY0M6hRR3uuqiZZ8hf-Il_flvCBa_h5@mail.gmail.com>,
> Antony Miguel writes:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I apologise in advance if this is not the appropriate category, I'm
>> not sure exactly where the issue would be here.
>>
>> Today I downloaded the latest stable builds of Harmony (5.0 r946978
>> and 6.0 r946981) and ran them on Windows 7. In both cases I got:
>>
>> "
>> Windows 6.1 is not supported
>> HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM
>> FAILED to invoked JVM.
>> "
>>
>> I searched around and all I could find was this:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200711.mbox/%3Cc3755b3a0
>> 711140205o566023as6c78a56407d81f0d@mail.gmail.com%3E
>>
>> this was from 2007 and referred to Vista, the stable builds are from
>> May 2010 and my issue is on Windows 7, however looking at the latest
>> version of the bit of code the above bug mentions (vm_init.cpp) it
>> seems it is perhaps just erroring because windows 7 isn't specifically
>> listed as a supported platform...
>>
>> if((osvi.dwMajorVersion == 4 && osvi.dwMinorVersion == 0) ||  // NT 4.0
>>        (osvi.dwMajorVersion == 5 && osvi.dwMinorVersion == 0) ||  //
>> Windows 2000
>>        (osvi.dwMajorVersion == 5 && osvi.dwMinorVersion == 1) ||  //
Windows