harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Lang Yang <yangl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [gsoc] imageio progress
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2010 04:10:05 GMT
Thanks!

According to my original proposal [0], I am supposed to complete the
following items by the end of this week (week 3):
- spi.ServiceRegistry
- spi.IIOServiceProvider
- spi.ImageInputStreamSpi
- spi.ImageOutputStreamSpi
- spi.ImageWriterSpi
- spi.ImageReaderSpi

Except few methods are still missing in spi.ServiceRegistry, everything
thing else has been resolved. Those missing methods are currently being
implemented, patches are expected to be submitted in next two days, stay
tuned!

Since the GSoC official started on May 24th, there is a period that the code
is frozen. At that time, I didn’t write code because one of the patches need
be committed in order to move on. Instead, I had taken time looked deeper
into other part of codes and the build system to get a better idea of
Harmony and ImageIO package. Although it has blocked my progress for a bit,
but I believe it will boost my next moves.

In the next few weeks, I would like to implement other missing
functionalities in classes:
- stream.ImageOutputStreamImpl
- ImageTypeSpecifer
- ImageIO

I think this is great idea that reports my progress to the community every
1-2 weeks to let everyone knows what I have done, what needs to be done. If
nobody thinks this is spam, I will do so :)

Thanks everyone again for patiently teaching me,

Lang

[0] my proposal - http://bit.ly/96eilc