harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Lang Yang <yangl...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] Is anyone working on java.util.ServiceLoader<S>
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:38:37 GMT
Hello guys,

I was trying to implement
javax.imageio.spi.ServiceRegistry.lookupProviders(Class) method (logged as
HARMONY-6553 [0]). What this method does is parse the service
provider-configuration file to get a set of service provider’s class name,
and instantiate them.[1]

Alexei has found a really interesting documentation that shows Java 6 has
introduced a new class, java.util.ServiceLoader<S> [2], a simple
service-provider loading facility. It can do everything that
lookupProviders(Class) needs to do, so we were thinking maybe we can re-use
this class? We found out later that this class is not implemented right now.
Is anyone working on this? Do we have any plan on this?

Thanks,

Lang

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/imageio/spi/ServiceRegistry.html#lookupProviders%28java.lang.Class%29