harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Miguel <aemig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Windows 7 support
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 21:05:22 GMT
32-bit please :)

I believe XP->Vista broke with tradition much more Vista->Windows 7 so
I would imagine if Harmony works on Vista then it would very likely
work for the vast majority on Windows 7.

As I've said I would suggest that that "it will probably work on
future versions" should be the default assumption, or at least that
the version check could be a warning which could be overridden with a
command line switch?  That way you could retain the forced exit if you
wished but people creating products on top of Harmony would have the
option to use the command line switch in the knowledge that their
products would work wherever possible and wouldn't just exit because
Microsoft had released a new version.

thanks