harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Can I only build/clean/rebuild native code?
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:24:27 GMT

In message <201006070720.o577Kw7g013573@d06av04.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
Mark Hindess writes:

> In message <4C0C64D3.4040705@gmail.com>, Regis writes:
> >
> > Sometimes, I only work with native code, check and compile java is not
> > necessary. But in new build structure, build-native, rebuild-native and
> > clean-native are not public target anymore, and I can't find any equivalent
> > targets can do this, anyone can tell me how to do this in new build
> > structure?
>
> See:
>
>   http://markmail.org/message/z4g3kbjkpwg3mbbt

I should mention that there are definitely bugs in the use of the properties
and I've not applied them to drlvm (because I want to do a more significant
restructure in that component).  Feel free to report bugs (w/patches ;-).

I think it will be possible to add back these targets by adding the
equivalent of:

  <target name="build-native">
    <property name="skip.java.build" value="true" />
    <property name="skip.native.build" value="true" />
    <antcall target="build" />
  </target>

to hdk/build/ant/properties.xml so that we have shorthand targets that
work at all levels of the build without having to maintain them in
every build.xml file.

Regards,
-Mark