harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Best practice compiling/building/debugging the VM under windows
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:37:23 GMT
В Чтв, 24/06/2010 в 23:15 +0200, Wagner, Michael пишет:

> Hello,
>

> i am new to apache harmony. Unfortunately I was not really able to find
> a best practice guide how to compile and especially debug the VM under
> windows (best EMT64).

I think there was something on wiki.

> I had trouble directly using the 'sln' files for visual studio. Should
> one use VS?  What do you use? Or did I miss some documentation? Under

Solution files don't work on windows. You should use the same ant
command line build that worked for you on linux. It should work in the
same way on windows.

> Linux it went very well as described on the pages (but even there, it
> was not really clear to me which IDE to use if any). However, I would
> like to do it on windows, since this is the main platform for me.

Build process doesn't require/work in any IDE. Just command line at the
moment. Debugging requires native platform tools, gdb on linux, MSVC on
windows.

> Is anybody using eclipse cdt?

I think no.