harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Lang Yang <yangl...@gmail.com>
Subject Blank constructor throwing NotImplementedException
Date Sun, 09 May 2010 00:08:25 GMT
Hello guys,

I have seen some constructors throws a NotImplementedExpcetion when JDOC
says these constructors are supposed to just construct a blank class. I
thought for this case we just leave that constructor blank is good enough.
Is there any specific reason why we are throwing NotImplementedExceptions?

e.g.:
protected ImageInputStreamSpi() - Constructs a blank ImageInputStreamSpi. It
is up to the subclass to initialize instance variables and/or override
method implementations in order to provide working versions of all methods.
[0]

    protected ImageInputStreamSpi() throws NotImplementedException {
        // TODO: implement
        throw new NotImplementedException();
    }

Thanks,