harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Harmony Select Milestone One
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 08:39:41 GMT
2010/5/26 Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>

> In message <AANLkTikO-Y5c2H9hjHK1hP9hFfNNlRxWuyoDT6bLAlni@mail.gmail.com>,
> "Jimmy,Jing Lv" writes:
> >
> > [ ... snip ... ] or Harmony in Android/WebOS, though they use
> > different VM and don't come back much any more ;) .
>
> That's a bit harsh.  Jesse made some very useful observations on JIRA
> in the last week that drew my attention to an issue that I would likely
> have missed if he hadn't spoken up.
>
> Don't you read the news?  Those guys must be very busy.  I am happy
> to see them making good use of Harmony code and I'm looking forward
> to Harmony in my TV.  Unlike some of the press, I am fairly confident
> that they'll continue to push changes back over time because ultimately
> reducing the differences in the code bases reduces maintenance costs.
>
> IIRC, WebOS never contributed back but they aren't obliged too so that
> is fine with me.  I'm sure they will if/when it makes sense to them.

Ah sorry Jesse, Mark, please forgive my impoliteness - don't really mean
that :)
Yes I notice the contribution from Jesse already, that is great for the
project. Beside the solid code, in fact I am more interested in the
suggestions/Jiras how the classlib/vm/jre can behave better in different
fields like mobile/handheld, which may benefit Harmony or Harmony Select.
Suggestions/Jiras may be easy to be done than code contribution.

Regards,

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv