harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Beyer <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] For future milestones, expect zero test failures
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 00:17:14 GMT
For future milestone votes, I'd like to propose that we set the
expectation of zero test failures. Every time we do a milestone and I
run the build and tests I find myself looking at the test failures
(there are ALWAYS failures) and ask 'are these expected'? If the
failures are expected, they should be excluded and the tests should
just pass.

If this proposal is workable, immediately after this upcoming release,
all 'expected' failures will be pulled into the exclusion lists.

-Nathan