harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Catherine Hope <catherine.v.h...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Code Freeze for Milestone 5.0M14 and 6.0M2
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 12:45:01 GMT
I also see these 2 tests failing in the same way.  It seems to be caused by
Regis' commit 944119 "SocketChannelImpl.SocketAdapter's remote address
should be updated after channel connected" on 14/05/2010.  It could be that
the tests are invalid though - the first one is checking that the
SocketAddress returned by getRemoteAddress() is a different object to the
one that was passed to connect(), though as SocketAddress is immutable would
this cause a problem?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Oliver Deakin <
oliver.deakin@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Running the tests on a java 5 federated tree on Windows XP x86 the only
> failures I don't recognise are:
> org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest
>  - testSocket_Block_BasicStatusAfterConnect fails with
> "junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected not same
> at
> org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest.assertSocketAfterConnect(SocketChannelTest.java:495)"
>  - testSocket_NonBlock_BasicStatusAfterConnect fails with
> "junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: null
> at
> org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest.assertSocketBeforeConnect(SocketChannelTest.java:453)"
>

> If I run against the RI I also see these two test methods failing but with
> a different error message:
> "junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<-1> but was:<0>
> at
> org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest.assertSocketBeforeConnect(SocketChannelTest.java:457)"
>
> Does anyone else see this?
>
> Regards,
> Oliver
>

> On 14/05/2010 23:48, Mark Hindess wrote:
>
>> Just a reminder that we are now in gearing up for milestone releases so
>> we are in full code freeze across all code streams.  No commits from
>> now until the milestone releases are completed without two committers
>> approval via this list.
>>
>> We should track issues that must be fixed with JIRA using the "Fix for"
>> field.  To see the current must fix issues visit the Harmony JIRA page
>> at:
>>
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY
>>
>> and click on the "Roadmap" view.
>>
>> I've deferred the fixing of a few issues but there are currently still 5
>> issues blocking these releases.  If any of these issues were reported by
>> you and/or assigned to you please review them and confirm that the "must
>> fix" status is warranted or remove it (or fix it if it is a bug and two
>> committers accept the fix).
>>
>> Please test the java5 and java6 federated build and report your results
>> to help prepare for our releases.
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Mark
>>

> --
> Oliver Deakin
> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.

Catherine Hope
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598. Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
PO6 3AU