harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r946981 as 6.0 milestone 2
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 17:21:17 GMT
On 26/05/2010 17:41, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message<4BFB875A.6000208@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:
>
>> On 25/05/2010 09:13, Tim Ellison wrote:
>>
>>> I tested on Windows XP, MS VS 2003, Ant 1.7.0
>>>
>>> Same results as 5.0 branch I reported yesterday, with additional
>>> failures in JDWP tests:
>>>
>>> ClassPrepareTest#testClassPrepareEventWithSourceDebugExtension001
>>> ClassPrepareTest#testClassPrepareEventWithSourceDebugExtension002
>>> ClassPrepareTest#testClassPrepareEventWithSourceDebugExtension003
>>>
>>> All failed in JDWPTestCase.java line 752 with:
>>> Invalid event kind, expected:<8(CLASS_PREPARE)>   but was:<99(VM_DEATH)>
>>>
>> I see a similar set of failures in my first test run onWindows x86. I'm
>> rerunning the 6.0 tests at the moment to check if my failures are
>> consistent. Apart from those 3 I did not see any other unusual failures.
>>
> I see these failures if I run them together but I can't reproduce them
> if I try to debug the test with:
>
>    target/hdk/jdk/jre/bin/java \
>       -cp target/hdk/build/test/jpda/jpda_tests.jar:target/hdk/build/test/junit.jar org.junit.runner.JUnitCore
\
>      org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ClassPrepareTest

I also see it passing standalone, but I had to add
"jdktools\modules\jpda\src\test\resources" to my classpath as well to
avoid a ClassNotFoundException on
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.Events.SourceDebugExtensionMockClass.
It looks like the jpda resources directory is not being bundled into the
jpda_tests.jar under the hdk, so we are missing the
SourceDebugExtensionMockClass required for ClassPrepareTest.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin