harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] For future milestones, expect zero test failures
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 08:16:09 GMT
On 25/May/2010 01:17, Nathan Beyer wrote:
> For future milestone votes, I'd like to propose that we set the
> expectation of zero test failures. Every time we do a milestone and I
> run the build and tests I find myself looking at the test failures
> (there are ALWAYS failures) and ask 'are these expected'? If the
> failures are expected, they should be excluded and the tests should
> just pass.
>
> If this proposal is workable, immediately after this upcoming release,
> all 'expected' failures will be pulled into the exclusion lists.

or, preferably the tests are fixed so they pass reliably.

I see failures in AWT/Swing that are likely caused by me not leaving the
machine alone while I'm running the tests.  I've seen other people post
results that I see when I've left my firewall enabled.

So, yes, I agree that getting all the tests to pass is the goal; but not
simply by putting them into the exclude list without some further
investigation.

Regards,
Tim