harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Harmony Select Milestone One
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 12:58:20 GMT

In message <201005271025.o4RAPPBb016255@d06av03.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
Mark Hindess writes:

> [snip]
>
> However, the federated build for -Dhy.select=true currently fails
> because, for example, the "serialver -show" implementation requires
> some modules that aren't included in select.
>
> I think we should consider how/what we want to subset from the jdktools
> component?  I think we need at least jdwp.  Some of the tools - jar
> for example - are thin wrappers around implementations that are in
> the select scope so I think it makes sense to include them too.
>
> What do other people think?
>
> While discussion continues, I intend to create a first approximation
> using the subset of all of jdktools that builds as I'd like to get
> select builds working on Apache Hudson.

I think I've fixed things so that the federated build should complete
with -Dhy.select=true now.  I'll look at setting up Hudson builds
shortly.

Something else we should do before we make milestone releases is
change the "java -version" output to make it obvious that select
is being used.

Regards,
 Mark.