harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Harmony Select Milestone One
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 10:25:25 GMT

In r948753, I've made a change to the federated build.xml so that if
-Dhy.select=true then the names of the built artefacts will be:

  apache-harmony-select-5.0-...

rather than:

  apache-harmony-5.0-...

I've also changed the directories that these artefacts expand into when
they are extracted.

I've not made the corresponding change in classlib/build.xml because I'd
like to strongly discourage building select without at least some of
the jdktools component.

However, the federated build for -Dhy.select=true currently fails
because, for example, the "serialver -show" implementation requires
some modules that aren't included in select.

I think we should consider how/what we want to subset from the jdktools
component?  I think we need at least jdwp.  Some of the tools - jar
for example - are thin wrappers around implementations that are in
the select scope so I think it makes sense to include them too.

What do other people think?

While discussion continues, I intend to create a first approximation
using the subset of all of jdktools that builds as I'd like to get
select builds working on Apache Hudson.

Regards,
 Mark.