harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r946981 as 6.0 milestone 2
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 16:41:07 GMT

In message <4BFB875A.6000208@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:

> On 25/05/2010 09:13, Tim Ellison wrote:
> > I tested on Windows XP, MS VS 2003, Ant 1.7.0
> >
> > Same results as 5.0 branch I reported yesterday, with additional
> > failures in JDWP tests:
> >
> > ClassPrepareTest#testClassPrepareEventWithSourceDebugExtension001
> > ClassPrepareTest#testClassPrepareEventWithSourceDebugExtension002
> > ClassPrepareTest#testClassPrepareEventWithSourceDebugExtension003
> >
> > All failed in JDWPTestCase.java line 752 with:
> > Invalid event kind, expected:<8(CLASS_PREPARE)>  but was:<99(VM_DEATH)>
>
> I see a similar set of failures in my first test run onWindows x86. I'm
> rerunning the 6.0 tests at the moment to check if my failures are
> consistent. Apart from those 3 I did not see any other unusual failures.

I see these failures if I run them together but I can't reproduce them
if I try to debug the test with:

  target/hdk/jdk/jre/bin/java \
     -cp target/hdk/build/test/jpda/jpda_tests.jar:target/hdk/build/test/junit.jar org.junit.runner.JUnitCore
\
    org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ClassPrepareTest

We need to take a better look at these jdwp issues after the releases.

-Mark.