harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Harmony Select Milestone One
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 08:21:04 GMT

In message <AANLkTikO-Y5c2H9hjHK1hP9hFfNNlRxWuyoDT6bLAlni@mail.gmail.com>,
"Jimmy,Jing Lv" writes:

> [ ... snip ... ] or Harmony in Android/WebOS, though they use
> different VM and don't come back much any more ;) .

That's a bit harsh.  Jesse made some very useful observations on JIRA
in the last week that drew my attention to an issue that I would likely
have missed if he hadn't spoken up.

Don't you read the news?  Those guys must be very busy.  I am happy
to see them making good use of Harmony code and I'm looking forward
to Harmony in my TV.  Unlike some of the press, I am fairly confident
that they'll continue to push changes back over time because ultimately
reducing the differences in the code bases reduces maintenance costs.

IIRC, WebOS never contributed back but they aren't obliged too so that
is fine with me.  I'm sure they will if/when it makes sense to them.

Regards,
 Mark.