harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r946978 as 5.0 milestone 14
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 07:40:27 GMT

In message <AANLkTimFN5qunIx0ow4ixTz5_gAC5WeGM7r73RVgXMLc@mail.gmail.com>,
sebb writes:

> On 23/05/2010, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  I have created signed source archives for revision r946978 of trunk
> >  and made them available at:
> >
> >   http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/milestones/5.0M14/
>
> The release.properties files have different content in the zip and
> tar.gz versions.
>
> The zip uses https:, tar.gz uses http: for the property
> harmony.long.version

Thanks Sebb.  I don't intend to vote -1 because of this.  However, I
have fixed my scripts to ensure that they will be the same (both https)
next time I create source artefacts - whether that is another release or
another spin of this one.

> I would expect the archive files to be identical (apart perhaps from
> line endings).
>
> ==
>
> BTW, the directory:
>     classlib/support/src/test/java/tests/resources/
> contains several .txt files which are not actually text files.
> Maybe that is deliberate, but if not, it's a bit confusing.

The few I checked are used in InflaterInputStreamTest and are treated as
binary input streams.  I agree naming them as .txt files is confusing.
They should be .bin/.dat or something.  I also don't really understand
why they are in the support tree since they are only used by the archive
module they should probably be moved to that tree.  I've created a JIRA
to track this:

Thanks Sebb.

Regards,
 Mark.