harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Milestone releases, 5.0M14 and 6.0M2, proposed dates
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 07:35:15 GMT

In message <j2u5c8e69f1005052010y45668507tb06c44f6d0a57390@mail.gmail.com>,
"Jimmy,Jing Lv" writes:

> Hi Mark,
>
>     It seems the date is near, do you think we can make a
> Harmony-Select milestone release as well (though may not be possible
> to have the same release data with harmony5/6 releases) ?

Preparing the release artifacts for 2 releases and binary artifacts for
3 platforms and testing them all takes quite a lot of time.  I don't
have time to do the work necessary for another set but if you do have
the time then that would be fine.  However . . .

>     Except the functionality unit-tests, I think we can bring some
> open source project to have a test, e.g Hadoop, etc.

At this point, I'd be far more interested in whether Hadoop (or any
other Apache projects) work on the potential milestone releases.  (As
far as I know, from reading this list, no one has tested Hadoop on the
federated trunk build yet?)  Testing on a cut down Select build doesn't
seem like a logical first step to me.

Regards,
 Mark.