harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Liu <vince...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HMYEXEL062E failed to invoke jvm
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:50:50 GMT
Hi Harmony Folks,

I've been having a problem with executing Harmony on my machine. I've was
referred that there was a similar error (
http://markmail.org/message/js4ciklhiurxfkjo#query:+page:1+mid:js4ciklhiurxfkjo+state:results),
so hopefully I'm able to provide more information to help troubleshoot the
problem.

I'm having the same error message when running my compiled HVM.

HMYEXEL062E:  Failed to create Java VM
Java VM FAILED to invoke JVM.

My setup is as follows:

Fedora 12
x86_64
gcc version 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4) (GCC)

I've noticed that building the HVM with debug on (ant hy.cfg=debug) takes
away the problem.

Let me know if any other information helps.

Cheers,
Vincent