harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Add a new target for Harmony-Select in the build script
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 08:21:04 GMT
Hello Everyone,

    I'd like to raise the topic of "Harmony-Select" again. Harmony-select,
as we discussed, is aimed to create a customized build without graphic
components. The select build will then be smaller in the footprint. It is
specially useful for the customer applications which does not require
awt/swing (as many j2ee apps, java DBs, and applications like eclipse,
Hadoop etc)

    Thanks to Harmony modularization, it is quite easy to create this select
build. And currently there is no special requirement on the source, we can
make a select build without forking a new branch. My plan is:
1. add a new target in the \classlib\build.xml, say, build-select, including
build-select-java, build-select-native and build-select-test
2. build-select targets will operate like normal ones, just exclude graphic
components:
 ACCESSIBILITY      APPLET              AWT
 IMAGEIO            ORB                 PRINT
 RMI                SOUND               SWING      X_MGT
3. Then deploy the necessary materials including jars, property files and
binary under deploy-select/. A small problem here is that we have define the
output directory (deploy/jdk/jre/lib/boot) in every module. I don't have a
perfect solution now to modify that, but only to copy them from deploy/ to
deploy-select/

     I'd like to start in harmony6 level, and change directly with the build
scripts. It seems it does no harm to any other normal build. After that, we
can simply invoke:
\> ant build-select
     to get a select build under deploy-select/

     Any comments/suggestions? I'll commit a patch to the build scripts if
there is objection.

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv