harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tobias Braun" <tobias.bra...@gmx.de>
Subject [classlib][ASN1]
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:54:51 GMT

I have found a limitation or bug to the X.680 specification.

I get an "org.apache.harmony.security.asn1.ASN1Exception: ASN.1 UTCTime:
wrong  format for DER, identifier at [182]"-Exception because the UTCTime
isn't 13 characters.

        if (length != ASN1UTCTime.UTC_HMS) {
           throw new ASN1Exception(
                  "ASN.1 UTCTime: wrong format for DER, identifier at ["
                           + tagOffset + ']');

The format is YYMMDDhhmm(ss)z. In accordance with X.680 specifications
there are also other formats allowed.
For example there is no need to transceive the seconds if they are 00. But
then, the
UTCTime is only 11 characters long and a new ASN1Exception will be thrown
and no
connection can be established.
So is there a planned enhancement on this validation check?

best regards
Tobias Braun