harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: HMYEXEL062E failed to invoke jvm
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:52:26 GMT

In message <z2w6d233ec1004160250v1202eab6nd67a1df1d5b31dee@mail.gmail.com>,
Vincent Liu writes:

> Hi Harmony Folks,
>
> I've been having a problem with executing Harmony on my machine. I've was
> referred that there was a similar error (
> http://markmail.org/message/js4ciklhiurxfkjo#query:+page:1+mid:js4ciklhiurxfkjo+state:results),
> so hopefully I'm able to provide more information to help troubleshoot the
> problem.
>
> I'm having the same error message when running my compiled HVM.
>
> HMYEXEL062E:  Failed to create Java VM
> Java VM FAILED to invoke JVM.
>
> My setup is as follows:
>
> Fedora 12
> x86_64
> gcc version 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4) (GCC)
>
> I've noticed that building the HVM with debug on (ant hy.cfg=debug)
> takes away the problem.
>
> Let me know if any other information helps.

Looks like the root cause is an error loading the dll:

  target/hdk/jdk/jre/bin/default/libgc_gen_uncomp.so

due to "gc_ms_get_current_heap_usage" being undefined.  If I remove
the 'inline' keyword from the definition of this function, in

  drlvm/vm/gc_gen/src/common/gc_concurrent.cpp

then is problem seems to disappear.

Regards,
 Mark.