harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ilya Berezhniuk <ilya.berezhn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: harmony & freebsd
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:59:54 GMT
Hi!

I observed 3 problems when running on FreeBSD 7.2.

1) I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to VM's 'bin' directory, even to
print version or help. Seems like '-rpath $ORIGIN' ld option does not
work on FreeBSD. This problem also appeared for me on FreeBSD 6.3 and
7.0. Of course, we may rename java to java-bin and use shell-script,
be maybe I'm just missing some FreeBSD know-how...

2) When running in JIT mode on x86, VM crashes in classloader called
from compile-me stub in JITted code, because of corrupted Method*
passed. I have failed to investigate it the fist time I met this
problem, and dropped the matter. On the other hand, I was able to run
Eclipse with -Xint, so looks like threading works here.

3) On x86_64 JIT works fine for me, but VM crashes in debug mode on
assertion in low-level threading. JVMTI tests in JIT mode may also
fail because of lack of thread-local data. I'm investigating the
problem.

I will get access to FreeBSD 8.0/amd64 soon, and will also check it
for problems with running Harmony VM.

--
Ilya.