harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Summer of Code
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:24:45 GMT
On 26/03/2010 00:51, Marcos Roriz wrote:
> I'm with some questions can I implement the gui part as swing rather than
> awt? ??

I'm sure that's fine - not sure if Mark has any comments here?

> Also I was thinking about the jdktools and javadoc. Would be better to make
> a simple parser o make or build a language identifier (compilers - flex ~
> byacc)???

I think it depends on what you believe you can achieve in the time of
the project. Spend a little time thinking about the development stages
of the tool and how much time each part would take you. Do you think
writing something more complex than a basic parser is feasible in the
time frame? If you do, then put your rough plan in the proposal to show
what you intend to do and how you will accomplish it. In your proposal
you can always can specify your main goals (what you will definitely
achieve to fulfill the aim of the project) and then some extensions
(nice to have additions if you have time) if you are not sure you will
have time to implement all of the extra functionality you can think of.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin