harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Yang Lang <yangl...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoc]HARMONY-6447 - Implement missing functionality in imageio module
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 03:28:47 GMT
Hello,

My name is Lang Yang, a final year Software Engineering student at
University of Regina, Canada. I want to pick up task
HARMONY-6447<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6447>,
[classlib] [imageio] Implement missing functionality in imageio module, as
my Google Summer of Code project. According to Mark’s description, the task
is to implement the missing spec’d functionality and write unit tests to
ensure the implementation behaves correctly (Thanks Mark:)).

The JAPI result shows there are totally 41 methods are not implemented (I
have already submitted a patch that has implemented 4 of the methods). By
look into the code, I found out that only few APIs have unit test case. The
implementations of some image format plug-ins are also missing from the code
(like BMP plug-in).

My personal expectation for this task will be implementing and test the
issues I have addressed above. It seems there is no mentor assigned to this
task yet. I wonder if anyone wants to be my mentor on this task.

Something about me:
As I mentioned before, I am a final year Software Engineering student at
University of Regina. I have done the first two years of undergraduate study
at China, and then transferred to the current university. I have done some
projects regarding to all kinds of different areas which from a robot to
online shopping system, to BlackBerry mobile applications. The one that
might be related to this one is last year I have implemented a C++ graphic
library that can draw and process 2D and 3D objects.

Please let me know if you want more information from me =D

Thank you,

Lang