harmony-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [result] [vote] Declare r917296 as 6.0 Milestone 1
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:44:19 GMT
On 06/03/2010, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks Sebb.
>
>  In message <25aac9fc1003051528k696407f1q198446e344cd1622@mail.gmail.com>,
>
> sebb writes:
>  >
>  > The NOTICE file is out of date:
>  >
>  > Apache Harmony
>  > Copyright 2006, 2009 The Apache Software Foundation.
>

> Fixed in trunk source trees. Merges should fix the other instances.
>

>  > There's a META-INF directory with N&L files in tools-src.jar but not
>  > in tools.jar
>

> Which tools.jar in which artifact is missing N&L files?  Looking at the
>  jar tasks in working_jdktools/modules/{jre,jdk}tools/build.xml both the
>  tools.jar and tools-src.jar tasks look to have the manifest elements I'd
>  expect and looking at a sample of the artifacts the jdk/lib/tools.jar
>  and jre/ lib/tools.jar files seem to have the N&L files.

Sorry, my mistake, they do have META-INF directories and N&L files.

However the following Manifest entry is wrong:

Implementation-URL: http://incubator.apache.org/harmony

jdtstup*.jar have the same obsolete entries in their Manifests:

Ideally all the META-INF entries should be added together at the
beginning of the archive - at present the Manifest is first, and N&L
are last. Definitely not a blocker.

>  > The MANIFEST.MF files should ideally contain details for the following
>  > headers:
>  >
>  > Specification-Title
>  > Specification-Version
>  > Specification-Vendor
>  > Implementation-Title
>  > Implementation-Version
>  > Implementation-Vendor
>  > Implementation-Vendor-Id
>  >
>  > Not relevant for source jars:
>  > X-Compile-Source-JDK
>  > X-Compile-Target-JDK
>

> These will take a bit more effort; A JIRA should probably be targeted to
>  the next release to cover this task.

Only the Specification-Vendor and X-Compile headers are missing, so
probably quite easy to add these.

>  > There are a lot of source files that don't have AL headers, for
>  > example:
>  >
>  > working_classlib/depends/libs/build/fetch-awt-depends.sh
>

> This one is trivial and can be removed now.  I wont do it right away
>  because I think the README in the same directory also needs work too.
>

>  > working_classlib/doc/harmony.css
>  > working_classlib/doc/hydoxygen.css
>

> I'm not sure whether these are generated.  Certainly according to
>  google, the hydoxygen.css comment "end styling for detailed member
>  documentation" appears in non-ALv2 files, though some ALv2 files too.
>

>  > working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/java/
>  > sql/SQLClientInfoExceptionTest.java
>  > working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/javax
>  > /sql/StatementEventTest.java
>  > working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/javax
>  > /sql/rowset/MockNClob.java
>  > working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/javax
>  > /sql/rowset/MockRowId.java
>  > working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/javax
>  > /sql/rowset/MockSQLXML.java
>  >
>  > working_vm/vm/tests/ncai/funcs/**
>

> Will have to have a closer look at these but I suspect most are just
>  missing headers.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6463 - JIRA with the
full list attached.

>  > Perhaps some of these are not ASF source, but it looks like many of
>  > them are.
>

> I'm assuming most of these shouldn't stop the already-voted-for
>  releases.

IMO having so many missing AL headers is a blocker.