harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: More svn layout
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:48:18 GMT

In message <201003261335.o2QDZK4s010468@d12av04.megacenter.de.ibm.com>,
Mark Hindess writes:

> In message <201003231121.o2NBLoYc031596@d06av02.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
> Mark Hindess writes:
> >
> > In message <201003231053.o2NArJqa003961@d12av01.megacenter.de.ibm.com>,
> > "Mark Hindess" writes:
> > >
> > > *sign* I thought I'd finally got to the end of all this but I was
> > > about to create the INFRA jira to get the new federated build
> > > git mirror created and it occurs to me that the location of the
> > > federated build is less than idea.
> > >
> > > In particular, the federated trunk, tags and branches are all
> > > under:
> > >
> > >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced
> > >
> > > which actually contains:
> > >
> > >   admin/
> > >   branches/
> > >   buildtest/
> > >   classlib/
> > >   classlibadapter/
> > >   common_resources/
> > >   contrib_archive/
> > >   drlvm/
> > >   jchevm/
> > >   jdktools/
> > >   microemulator/
> > >   sandbox/
> > >   tags/
> > >   tools/
> > >   trunk/
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if the git mirroring can cope with this (I suspect
> > > it can).  Regardless, it would seem more sensible to have the
> > > federated build under a subdirectory such as:
> > >
> > >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/j2se
> > >
> > > or something.
>
> I still think this is a good idea.  I don't like "j2se" though so
> I think just "java" might be better.  That is, moving:
>
>   harmony/enhanced/trunk     => harmony/enhanced/java/trunk
>   harmony/enhanced/branches  => harmony/enhanced/java/branches
>   harmony/enhanced/tags      => harmony/enhanced/java/tags
>
> If no one speaks up I'm going to go ahead with this (final?) move on
> Monday 29th.  I will use svn copies as before but I think this time
> I will add <fail> messages to the top-level build files in the old
> locations to help prevent mistaken commits.

I've now made this change and everyone should "svn switch" to the new
urls.  Please report any problems on this thread.

I've updated some of the keep pages on the web site (and they've sync'd
to the live server).  But I'm sure there are other documents that need
fixing.  Help updating them would be appreciated.

> Once that is done, I will also raise the INFRA JIRA to get the new git
> mirror created.

I've asked for the git mirror too.

Regards,
 Mark.