harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: More svn layout
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:30:02 GMT

In message <201003261335.o2QDZK4s010468@d12av04.megacenter.de.ibm.com>,
Mark Hindess writes:

> In message <201003231121.o2NBLoYc031596@d06av02.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
> Mark Hindess writes:
> >
> > In message <201003231053.o2NArJqa003961@d12av01.megacenter.de.ibm.com>,
> > "Mark Hindess" writes:
> > >
> > > *sign* I thought I'd finally got to the end of all this but I was
> > > about to create the INFRA jira to get the new federated build git
> > > mirror created and it occurs to me that the location of the federated
> > > build is less than idea.
> > >
> > > In particular, the federated trunk, tags and branches are all under:
> > >
> > >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced
> > >
> > > which actually contains:
> > >
> > >   admin/
> > >   branches/
> > >   buildtest/
> > >   classlib/
> > >   classlibadapter/
> > >   common_resources/
> > >   contrib_archive/
> > >   drlvm/
> > >   jchevm/
> > >   jdktools/
> > >   microemulator/
> > >   sandbox/
> > >   tags/
> > >   tools/
> > >   trunk/
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if the git mirroring can cope with this (I suspect it
> > > can).  Regardless, it would seem more sensible to have the federated
> > > build under a subdirectory such as:
> > >
> > >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/j2se
> > >
> > > or something.
>
> I still think this is a good idea.  I don't like "j2se" though so
> I think just "java" might be better.  That is, moving:
>
>   harmony/enhanced/trunk     => harmony/enhanced/java/trunk
>   harmony/enhanced/branches  => harmony/enhanced/java/branches
>   harmony/enhanced/tags      => harmony/enhanced/java/tags
>
> If no one speaks up I'm going to go ahead with this (final?) move on
> Monday 29th.  I will use svn copies as before but I think this time
> I will add <fail> messages to the top-level build files in the old
> locations to help prevent mistaken commits.

I've not forgotten about this but sadly the merge of trunk => branches/java6
which is a prerequisite for doing this move was not straightforward so
I've run out of time to do it today.  I'll try to do it tomorrow or as
soon as I can complete the merge since the actual restructure should be
quite easy.

Regards,
 Mark.