harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: More svn layout
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:35:05 GMT

In message <201003231121.o2NBLoYc031596@d06av02.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
Mark Hindess writes:

> In message <201003231053.o2NArJqa003961@d12av01.megacenter.de.ibm.com>,
> "Mark Hindess" writes:
> >
> > *sign* I thought I'd finally got to the end of all this but I was
> > about to create the INFRA jira to get the new federated build git
> > mirror created and it occurs to me that the location of the federated
> > build is less than idea.
> >
> > In particular, the federated trunk, tags and branches are all under:
> >
> >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced
> >
> > which actually contains:
> >
> >   admin/
> >   branches/
> >   buildtest/
> >   classlib/
> >   classlibadapter/
> >   common_resources/
> >   contrib_archive/
> >   drlvm/
> >   jchevm/
> >   jdktools/
> >   microemulator/
> >   sandbox/
> >   tags/
> >   tools/
> >   trunk/
> >
> > I'm not sure if the git mirroring can cope with this (I suspect it
> > can).  Regardless, it would seem more sensible to have the federated
> > build under a subdirectory such as:
> >
> >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/j2se
> >
> > or something.

I still think this is a good idea.  I don't like "j2se" though so
I think just "java" might be better.  That is, moving:

  harmony/enhanced/trunk     => harmony/enhanced/java/trunk
  harmony/enhanced/branches  => harmony/enhanced/java/branches
  harmony/enhanced/tags      => harmony/enhanced/java/tags

If no one speaks up I'm going to go ahead with this (final?) move on
Monday 29th.  I will use svn copies as before but I think this time
I will add <fail> messages to the top-level build files in the old
locations to help prevent mistaken commits.

Once that is done, I will also raise the INFRA JIRA to
get the new git mirror created.

Regards,
 Mark.