harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib][auth] JndiLoginModule
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:21:11 GMT

modules/auth/src/main/java/common/org/.../auth/module/JndiLoginModule.java
contains fields:

    public final String USER_PROVIDER = "group.provider.url";

    public final String GROUP_PROVIDER = "user.provider.url";

I wonder why:

1) they are not static?

2) USER_PROVIDER contains 'group' and GROUP_PROVIDER contains 'user'?

3) they aren't used to replace the occurrences of these strings in the
   code (of course, the previous item might make this confusing)?

Anyone know if there are any reasons not to fix any of the above?
I'd attempt some obvious fixes to the above but I don't understand the
context in which this class is used and was too confused to do this
without sanity checking.

Regards,
 Mark.