harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject More svn layout
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:53:19 GMT

*sign* I thought I'd finally got to the end of all this but I was about to
create the INFRA jira to get the new federated build git mirror created and
it occurs to me that the location of the federated build is less than idea.

In particular, the federated trunk, tags and branches are all under:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced

which actually contains:

  admin/
  branches/
  buildtest/
  classlib/
  classlibadapter/
  common_resources/
  contrib_archive/
  drlvm/
  jchevm/
  jdktools/
  microemulator/
  sandbox/
  tags/
  tools/
  trunk/

I'm not sure if the git mirroring can cope with this (I suspect it can).
Regardless, it would seem more sensible to have the federated build
under a subdirectory such as:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/j2se

or something.

I am extremely pleased with how the restructuring is going but I'll be a
lot happier when it is over. ;-) I can't help thinking if we don't fix
this it will come back to haunt us eventually.

Any thoughts/suggestions very welcome.

Regards,
 Mark