harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Proposed changes
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:20:23 GMT

In message <201003092238.o29Mcgds013912@d12av01.megacenter.de.ibm.com>,
"Mark Hindess" writes:

> I plan to make some changes to the federated build.
>
> [snip] I'd like to rename:
>
>   working_classlib => classlib
>   working_vm       => drlvm
>   working_jdktools => jdktools
>
> Does anyone object if I do this?

I am trying to figure out how best to do this.  Obviously fresh
checkouts are okay but what about checked out workspaces full of
downloaded dependencies and possibly changes.  These will potentially be
"lost" without manual intervention and the old switched tree would need
to be removed.

There doesn't seem to be a nice way to do this.

One ugly way would be to do:

  svn mkdir classlib
  svn mkdir drlvm
  svn mkdir jdktools

change the build.xml to use the new names then give people time to do:

  svn up
  rm -rf classlib/.svn
  mv working_classlib/.svn working_classlib/* classlib/

  rm -rf drlvm/.svn
  mv working_vm/.svn working_vm/* drlvm/

  rm -rf jdktools/.svn
  mv working_jdktools/.svn working_jdktools/* jdktools/

so that the new directories become the switched versions, before finally
doing:

  svn delete classlib
  svn delete drlvm
  svn delete jdktools

If people think this is the right thing to do then it is probably worth
adding:

  <fail message="url-of-this-message">
    <or>
    </or>
  </fail>

to make sure people that want to move existing trees get the chance to
do so.

Ideas welcome.

Regards,
 Mark.