harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Distributing milestones (was: Re: [result] [vote] Declare r917296 as 6.0 Milestone 1)
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 15:57:34 GMT

In message <4B966475.1060204@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> On 09/Mar/2010 14:53, Mark Hindess wrote:
> >
> > It feels like we have some consensus.  So, please can people sanity
> > check the binary artifacts in:
> >
> >   http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/milestones/
>
> Will do.

Thanks.

> > I'll aim to move them to the /dist/ tree tomorrow or earlier if I
> > get confirmation that they've been checked.
>
> What's the plan for restructuring the dist directory to accommodate
> the 6.0 milestones?
>
> /dist/harmony/milestones/5.0/M13
> /dist/harmony/milestones/6.0/M1
>
> and leave the existing archive directories
>
> /dist/harmony/milestones/M1

This was the option that I had in mind.

Additionally, I was thinking that I'd probably create symlinks for:

  /dist/harmony/milestones/5.0/M1 => ../M1
  /dist/harmony/milestones/5.0/M2 => ../M2

and remove them once they'd made it to the archive.  This would mean
there'd be a single archive URL to reference all the 5.0 milestone
releases.

> or maybe
>
> /dist/harmony/milestones/M13
> /dist/harmony/milestones/6.0M1

Ick!

> or ??
>
> > Thanks for helping move this forward.
>
> I'll help to update the download page if that helps.

Excellent.  Thanks.

Regards,
 Mark.