harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Google Summer of Code
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:06:55 GMT

In message <a58adbb51003082024t40d36418w103ee0d028ef14dc@mail.gmail.com>,
Marcos Roriz writes:

> Thats really cool!! On my research I did a cleanroom implementation
> of RMI on phoneME Advanced (PBP) to 'resolve' the isolation of Xlets
> in the VM and provide a IXC to them on local machine and binding to
> C/C++ code of the middleware (GingaDTV). All the implementation was
> based on the JavaDTV + PBP standard API. I have never actually saw Sun
> implementation of J2SE (OpenJDK/Src) so I think I'm ok contribute to
> the project.

The best way to be sure is to read the contribution policy and fill out
an ACQ and send it to private@harmony.apache.org.  See:

  http://harmony.apache.org/contribution_policy.html

We have created some JIRA issues for some potential GSoC projects.  See:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?requestId=12314025

The issues with 'Assignees' have mentors but if you are interested in
any of the others please discuss it here and see if a mentor can be
found.

Alternatively you may suggest a project of your own and discuss it here
and see if a mentor is interested.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
 Mark.