harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [result] [vote] Declare r917296 as 6.0 Milestone 1
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 11:27:30 GMT

Thanks Sebb.

In message <25aac9fc1003051528k696407f1q198446e344cd1622@mail.gmail.com>,
sebb writes:

> The NOTICE file is out of date:
>
> Apache Harmony
> Copyright 2006, 2009 The Apache Software Foundation.

Fixed in trunk source trees. Merges should fix the other instances.

> There's a META-INF directory with N&L files in tools-src.jar but not
> in tools.jar

Which tools.jar in which artifact is missing N&L files?  Looking at the
jar tasks in working_jdktools/modules/{jre,jdk}tools/build.xml both the
tools.jar and tools-src.jar tasks look to have the manifest elements I'd
expect and looking at a sample of the artifacts the jdk/lib/tools.jar
and jre/ lib/tools.jar files seem to have the N&L files.

> The MANIFEST.MF files should ideally contain details for the following
> headers:
>
> Specification-Title
> Specification-Version
> Specification-Vendor
> Implementation-Title
> Implementation-Version
> Implementation-Vendor
> Implementation-Vendor-Id
>
> Not relevant for source jars:
> X-Compile-Source-JDK
> X-Compile-Target-JDK

These will take a bit more effort; A JIRA should probably be targeted to
the next release to cover this task.

> There are a lot of source files that don't have AL headers, for
> example:
>
> working_classlib/depends/libs/build/fetch-awt-depends.sh

This one is trivial and can be removed now.  I wont do it right away
because I think the README in the same directory also needs work too.

> working_classlib/doc/harmony.css
> working_classlib/doc/hydoxygen.css

I'm not sure whether these are generated.  Certainly according to
google, the hydoxygen.css comment "end styling for detailed member
documentation" appears in non-ALv2 files, though some ALv2 files too.

> working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/java/
> sql/SQLClientInfoExceptionTest.java
> working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/javax
> /sql/StatementEventTest.java
> working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/javax
> /sql/rowset/MockNClob.java
> working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/javax
> /sql/rowset/MockRowId.java
> working_classlib/modules/sql/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/sql/tests/javax
> /sql/rowset/MockSQLXML.java
>
> working_vm/vm/tests/ncai/funcs/**

Will have to have a closer look at these but I suspect most are just
missing headers.

> Perhaps some of these are not ASF source, but it looks like many of
> them are.

I'm assuming most of these shouldn't stop the already-voted-for
releases.  The NOTICE year is rather annoying though.  What do other
people think?

-Mark