harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 : Please Advice
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:55:24 GMT
Hrishi,
I'm reluctant to take a student this year unless he demonstrates that
his self-motivation and coding skills are sufficient. You man try a
list of open bugs here:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC

Thanks!

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Mark Hindess
<mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> In message <91eb52451002040542k6eb21e3cn9e67590099f5150d@mail.gmail.com>,
> Hrishikesh Gadre writes:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I would like to participate in Google Summer of Code 2010 and
>> contribute towards Apache Harmony project. I would like to know if
>> there would be any interesting projects available from this project.
>>
>> Some background information about myself,
>>
>> - Currently pursuing a master's degree in Computer Engineering at
>> Rutgers University (New Jersey, USA).
>> - Five years of industry experience delivering software solutions in
>> diverse domains like system management, mobile computing and web-based
>> business support systems using Java technology (both core Java/J2EE).
>> - Proficient in C/C++ development (Personal projects only)
>>
>> What would be a good starting point towards contributing to Apache
>> Harmony project? Can you guys provide me pointers to ideas that you
>> would like to be implemented as part of Google Summer of Code?
>
> Thanks for your interest.  Unfortunately, we've not yet created a list
> of suggested projects for this year, but last years list is at:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Google_Summer_Of_Code_2009_Projects_Proposals
>
> Many of them may not still be relevant or the mentors may not be
> available this year.  However, the projects with my name by them
> probably will be on this years list too.
>
> We'll be creating the list of suggested projects for this year shortly
> and probably discussing some ideas on the list.  You might want to
> monitor the list and see if any are of interest to you.
>
> Useful next steps would probably be:
>
> 1) Make sure you are eligible to contribute, see:
>
>     http://harmony.apache.org/contribution_policy.html
>
> 2) Checkout and build harmony
>
> 3) Run the tests and/or some of your favourite java applications and
>   report your results to the list.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,