harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Hrishikesh Gadre <ds.hga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 : Please Advice
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 13:01:58 GMT
Hi Alexei,

You are right. Earlier I was using GCJ compiler for build and had a lot of
problems. Once I switched to Sun Java 6 compiler, I could successfully
complete the federated build. I also compiled/executed some sample programs
successfully using the Harmony JDK.

Then I tried to execute test suite for Harmony which (after couple of hours
of execution) failed due to an OutOfMemoryError. Here I tried to execute the
ANT test task from the top level (federated) ANT script.

BTW, I am using a Ubuntu 9.10 VMWare image (i686) on Windows VISTA for the
Harmony build (configured RAM => 1GB). I hope this configuration should be
ok.

Thanks
Hrishi