harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject harmony & freebsd
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 04:18:22 GMT
Hi harmony!,

We might be looking to start using harmony on people.apache.org
(minotaur) after we update to stable/8 since the freebsd port java/jdk16
is having compile issues right now.

Compile log is available here:
http://tb.apache.org/errors/8-STABLE-people/jdk-1.6.0.3p4_14.log

If you have any insights into the above issue please reply to me
directly or on infrastructure@.

Additionally, we'd be interested in knowing how well supported harmony
is on FreeBSD 8 and how well it would work with ant, anika, and velocity
[aka be able to build www.apache.org and others at minimum]

Finally, on a personal note, why is it that nobody has contributed a
freebsd harmony port?

VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.