harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject [java6][M1] Test failures on the java 6 branch
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:24:35 GMT
Hi all,

Looking forward to the next attempt at getting java6 M1 out the door, I
ran the full test suite on Windows XP x86 and see 5 failures and 10
errors. I'll raise JIRAs for the ones below I think will need looking at
for java6 M1.

I don't think these failures should block M1:
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicScrollBarUITest - this has been failing for
a while now and passes standalone, also fails/passes on java5 in the
same way so I don't think it should block M1.
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.Events.FieldModification002Test and
org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.VirtualMachine.AllThreadsTest - both
timeouts. We see intermittent timeouts in the java5 branch also (even
though the JDWP implementation is somewhat different there) so I think
these are caused by timing issues in the test cases.
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest - fails for me
intermittently and on java5 also, I don't think this is a blocker.

I think these could block M1:
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.TreeMapTest - 8 errors here, all
NullPointerExceptions. These are more worrying and I think they need to
be investigated for M1. [1]
org.apache.harmony.tests.java.lang.instrument.HelloWorldTest - 3
failures, two with "expected:<0> but was:<3>" and the last one with
"AssertionFailedError: null". These fail on java5 also for me and have
been discussed on the dev list [2]. I think they need a JIRA to track
them so I've opened [3].

Does anyone else see similar failures (particularly the TreeMap and
instrument ones)?

Regards,
Oliver

[2] http://markmail.org/message/owmi365iowmracqo