harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [general] Feature Freeze for Milestone 5.0M13 and 6.0M1
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 23:21:38 GMT

Just a reminder that we are now in gearing up for milestone releases
so we are in feature freeze across all code streams.  No major new
functionality should be committed from now until the milestone releases
are completed.  Commits specifically for bug fixes are permitted.

We should track issues that must be fixed with JIRA using the "Fix
for" field.  To see the current must fix issues visit the Harmony JIRA
page at:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY

and click on the "5.0M13" or "6.0M1" entries in the Versions column.
Currently there are four blocking issues:

  HARMONY-6399 has been resolved now and can be closed

  HARMONY-6420 should never have been a blocker since it is a task
               not a bug

  HARMONY-6409 not sure about this one

  HARMONY-6449 are new tests so not regressions and I think there was
               some agreement that these should not delay our releases

If any of these issues were reported by you and/or assigned to you
please review them and confirm that the "must fix" status is warranted
or remove it (or fix it if it is a bug I suppose).

Please test the java5 and java6 federated build and report your results
to help prepare for our releases.

Regards,
 Mark.