harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 : Please Advice
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:32:45 GMT

In message <91eb52451002040542k6eb21e3cn9e67590099f5150d@mail.gmail.com>,
Hrishikesh Gadre writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to participate in Google Summer of Code 2010 and
> contribute towards Apache Harmony project. I would like to know if
> there would be any interesting projects available from this project.
>
> Some background information about myself,
>
> - Currently pursuing a master's degree in Computer Engineering at
> Rutgers University (New Jersey, USA).
> - Five years of industry experience delivering software solutions in
> diverse domains like system management, mobile computing and web-based
> business support systems using Java technology (both core Java/J2EE).
> - Proficient in C/C++ development (Personal projects only)
>
> What would be a good starting point towards contributing to Apache
> Harmony project? Can you guys provide me pointers to ideas that you
> would like to be implemented as part of Google Summer of Code?

Thanks for your interest.  Unfortunately, we've not yet created a list
of suggested projects for this year, but last years list is at:

  http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Google_Summer_Of_Code_2009_Projects_Proposals

Many of them may not still be relevant or the mentors may not be
available this year.  However, the projects with my name by them
probably will be on this years list too.

We'll be creating the list of suggested projects for this year shortly
and probably discussing some ideas on the list.  You might want to
monitor the list and see if any are of interest to you.

Useful next steps would probably be:

1) Make sure you are eligible to contribute, see:

     http://harmony.apache.org/contribution_policy.html

2) Checkout and build harmony

3) Run the tests and/or some of your favourite java applications and
   report your results to the list.

Regards,
 Mark.