harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [performance] The DaCapo benchmark suite
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:01:23 GMT

In message <c30d70961002010840s125aa63cxfa2832a1d2855ee6@mail.gmail.com>,
Alexei Fedotov writes:

> Mark,
> Thanks for a nice result. I wonder how others (e.g. Sun) perform in
> respect to M12a.

I was really interested in how our performance was changing with respect
to time.  But I will perform that comparison when the machine is free
after the linux/x86 run that is grinding away now.

On notable observation is that for quite a few benchmarks the fastest
JRE is M4.  My gut feeling is that it is "text"-based benchmarks suffer
most from this.  I wonder why and whether there is anything to address
this.

Regards,
 Mark.