harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Chen <clrayc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 6.0 Milestone testing -windowsXP-32
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 06:01:58 GMT
Hi all,
For javax.swing.text.html.HTMLDocument_Reader_ActionsTest (1 failure
and 1 error)
I compared two swing.jar of trunk and java6, the only difference
between them is that java6 added some new classes:

javax\swing\event\RowSorterEvent$Type.class
javax\swing\event\RowSorterEvent.class
javax\swing\event\RowSorterListener.class
javax\swing\filechooser\FileNameExtensionFilter.class
javax\swing\RowSorter$SortKey.class
javax\swing\RowSorter.class
javax\swing\SortOrder.class

I think these classes are not related to this test. However, even
after I removed these new added classes or replaced trunk's swing.jar
with java6's swing.jar and run the test on the modified trunk , the
test still failed.
And trunk's swing.jar works well in both trunk and java6 to run this test.
So I am a little confused,  same classes, same vm, why different result?

One more thing, although java6 only added a few classes in swing
module, the swing.jar is much bigger than trunk's (java6 5.11MB and
trunk 2.38MB on my machine).
I also found that java6's boot folder is much bigger than trunk's,
about 11MB bigger.
Did we really add "11MB" new features, or there is something wrong?
--
Regards,

Ray Chen