harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [result] [vote] Declare tag 5.0m12a@r901653 as 5.0 Milestone 12a
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:58:55 GMT
On 27/Jan/2010 20:23, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4B6062D9.6050708@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:
>> On 26/Jan/2010 19:30, Mark Hindess wrote:
>>> +1 votes from Catherine, Nathan, Tim, Oliver, and myself.  No other
>>> votes, so the vote passes.
>>> Thanks for testing the artifacts and voting.
>>> I've uploaded binaries for the tested platforms to:
>>>   http://www.apache.org/dist/harmony/milestones/M12a/
>>> so that they will get sync'd to the mirrors in preparation for an
>>> announcement tomorrow.  Feel free to give them a test run.
>> Cool, thanks.
>> The src archives are great, happy with the vote etc.  The binaries I
>> tried on Windows work fine too.
>> However, the src jars in the Windows binaries (i.e. those in
>> jre/lib/boot/*-src.jar) contain files with the wrong EOL.  Text files
>> not in the jars are ok.  I went back and checked on M12 and the EOLs
>> look ok everywhere there.
>> I guess it is a bit pedantic, but I think the src JARs on Windows should
>> contain the correct EOLs, as we have done previously.
>> So I'm left wondering why things turned out different this time?  I'll
>> produce them on my Windows box if you want.
> Yes please.  Not sure why they turned out like this.

Sorry, it appears that WinZip(?) is playing tricks on me again.

I recreated the artifacts and checked them on my machine, the EOL looks
ok on windows.  I uploaded them to the server, then did a download test
of the same file, the EOLs look wrong now ;-/  The md5 were the same, so
the tools must be 'helping' me somehow.

>> p.s. You probably noticed I updated the staging site, please take a look
>> and check it works as expected.
> Will do.

I'll make the changes live now.

View raw message