harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [result] [vote] Declare tag 5.0m12a@r901653 as 5.0 Milestone 12a
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:59:21 GMT
On 26/Jan/2010 19:30, Mark Hindess wrote:
> +1 votes from Catherine, Nathan, Tim, Oliver, and myself.  No other
> votes, so the vote passes.
>
> Thanks for testing the artifacts and voting.
>
> I've uploaded binaries for the tested platforms to:
>
>   http://www.apache.org/dist/harmony/milestones/M12a/
>
> so that they will get sync'd to the mirrors in preparation for an
> announcement tomorrow.  Feel free to give them a test run.

Cool, thanks.

The src archives are great, happy with the vote etc.  The binaries I
tried on Windows work fine too.

However, the src jars in the Windows binaries (i.e. those in
jre/lib/boot/*-src.jar) contain files with the wrong EOL.  Text files
not in the jars are ok.  I went back and checked on M12 and the EOLs
look ok everywhere there.

I guess it is a bit pedantic, but I think the src JARs on Windows should
contain the correct EOLs, as we have done previously.

So I'm left wondering why things turned out different this time?  I'll
produce them on my Windows box if you want.

p.s. You probably noticed I updated the staging site, please take a look
and check it works as expected.

Regards,
Tim