harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Postpone java6 milestone release
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:58:36 GMT
On 20/01/2010 11:18, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message<4d9fb1a01001200154u780476d6k570d6bb3516ba880@mail.gmail.com>, Ray
> Chen writes:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I have a question, what conditions should java6 satisfy so that we can
>> release it?
>>
> We'll follow the same process as we do for java5/trunk.
>

>> All the tests passed? :)
>>
> That would be nice, but we don't hold the java5 releases to that
> standard so I see no reason to apply it to java6.

Agreed - I think getting the M1 for java6 into a position where we can
agree that the failing tests are not blockers for release is really what
we're aiming for. I've just had a look in JIRA at the bugs targeted for
6.0M1 and I only see 1 result, HARMONY-6330. One thing that I think is
important for us to get the M1 release out the door is to have a
realistic set of bugs in JIRA to represent the current state of the
build and I don't think that is true at the moment. I'm rerunning the
6.0 tests on the latest federated build - I'll post the results here
once I have them and I aim to raise JIRAs for all the failures (and fix
some if I can) so we have a reasonable view of what is required to reach M1.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin